Sunday, March 22, 2009

Decisions

I hate making decisions. There is something called the Ophelia Syndrome. It's based off of none other that Ophelia from Hamlet when she says to her father Palonius: "I do not know, my lord, what I should think." Polonius answers, "I'll teach you. Think yourself a baby. . . ."

I am sad to admit that i love being told what to do (except when people are shhhing me, i hate that). The best date i went on was when someone ordered for me. there is a running joke in my family that i am always the last one to order. It's hard for me to make a decision unless forced. Whether big or small, they all suck.

But...Here are some decisions that i stand firm in, that come to me without question.

1-Love is an unalterable decision in my life.
-I choose to love and be loved.
2-I need someone that will be a strength in my life. Recently i have thought about some decisions family members have made and their effects on the mother of this family. I never want to experience these effects standing on my own foundation as a mother without a companion's roof over my head. I will never settle for less dang it.
...That's all i got for now.

4 comments:

karen★ said...

amen sister! (i thought i was the last one to order? next time i will order for you and you can order for me)!

karen★ said...

thanks for the multiple comments and contributions! i really really appreciate it!

karen★ said...

freakin' blog already!

Carolyne said...

Alice!!!!! It's Carolyne...I used to sit by you in Italian and read newspapers when Bodily wasn't looking. I can't believe I found your blog! Anyway, hope it's going good!