Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blasts from the past

This friday my best friend's(Sarah's) parents came into town for Matthew, her brother's graduation. Imagine my glee when i recieved an email from her dad asking if they could meet up with me. Yesssss! They called fridayand took me to Five Guys. This is so fitting because the last time I went to Five Guys was with them in Virginia.

I could not have had a better time. I didn't even need sarah there to feel comfortable. We laughed and laughed. To be honest i was surprised how well i knew them all. I could laugh at inside personality jokes and most of all I got to talk about sarah with the people who know her the best. We talked about how her little brother has removed everything from sarah's room and claimed it as his. I can just imagine sarah's reaction to this and joked with her mother about who would be the lucky one to tell her. I guess it will take place sometime during the Mother's day call.

We made fantastical plans (at least for me) about going with them to pick her up in Italy. I am going to use eevrything in my power to make this come to fruition. I just can't express how good of a time i had. It was so great to see them. It was seriously to the point where i got a little choked up whensaying goodbye. I knew it would be a year. And most deeply i knew that they equalthe closest thing to sarah that i can have. I love her and seeing family was sooo great!

No comments: