Thursday, August 16, 2012

The End!

This last July I finally completed more than a year of surgeries, braces and blagh! here's a quick timeline (and just to be clear all this was done for medically necessary reasons!)


April 2011 - Learned I needed jaw surgery to have a healthy and proper bite and nasal surgery to prep myself to actually be able to breathe.

June 2011- Braces

September 2011 -  Nasal Surgery...that didn't work

December 2011 - Double Jaw surgery...bam

Feb 2012 - Back to chewing food

May 2012 - Second Nasal surgery

July 2012 - Tada!



Now for the sake of people who LOVE before and afters...as I totally do. I thought they helped me most to mentally prepare for two major surgeries that would change the look of my face.

Here is a head shot before and after. Now remember, these were my best shots. The best pictures I had of me.



And Some Afters


Here are some before Non-Smiling ones: Here is where I see the biggest difference

And After



Crazy, right? Now that I sit here and look at it it's amazing how much more proportionate my face looks. before the surgery I hated my nose and now after jaw surgery and an actual straight nose that is breathable I am soooo glad I did this. Not only does it look good but it is functional!. I can finally chew food normal and my bite is healthy and perfect. 

Orthodontist - Brian Graff Orem, Utah. Graff Orthodontics
ENT - Seth Riddle - Provo, Utah - Peak ENT
Orthonagtic surgeon - Alvin Stosich - Midvale -  Utah Center for Oral and Facial Surgery


6 comments:

Colette said...

wow!! that really is quite the difference!
You are so beautiful!!

Nicki Clark said...

ooo lala! So lovely, Alice :)

Hannah said...

I always thought you were stunning, Alice, but I know what you mean about the difference. My husband had an extreme overbite when we first met and he got jaw surgery done while we were engaged. He looks so different than when we first met. Just more proportional, just like you! So glad you're happy babe!

Geoffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geoffrey said...

Thank you for posting the ‘Before and After’ photos, Alice! The difference is quite remarkable! It’s sad that only a few people know how beneficial jaw surgery is to people who have difficulty chewing and swallowing. Also, to people who have the inability to make the lips meet without straining, as well as those with chronic mouth breathing and dry mouth.

Geoffrey Lelia

Unknown said...

Hi there! Thank you for documenting your journey. Took me a while to find someone who had gone to the same surgeon I will be doing this with in a few weeks :D I wondered how your recovery went and if you experienced any of the negative side-effects that are warned about? -Sandra