Friday, September 19, 2008

Hopeful for the Fall

This fall was something that I was intensely dreading. I would be going into it without my dear friends that I have been with since good ol' freshman year. They are both going on missions and of course I am so happy and proud of them...yet still it is ok to admit that I will miss them more than i have ever missed anything in my life.

The beginning of the semester is always hard to adjust to and with the previous subject on top of that I was beginning to burst!!! But really I am so excited for this semester for the following reasons:

1: New friends!! My new roommates Natalie and Suzanne are wonderful. I am always a big fan of people that can see the good outcome in everything and these two girlies exemplify that very well. I love them.

2:My independence. More so than at any other time in my life, I am independent. All of my roommates have very busy lives (as do I) so i am excited for this time develop my independence. I love people but sometimes I love them more than myself. Say it with me now....I love me....I am happy with me...I need to stop talking to...me.

3: Houseboat Honeymoon. I received a part in a BYU production this semester. It will take up a huge chunk of my semester! rehearsals Tuesday- Friday 7-10 and Saturday 9-12. I like being busy. It is going to be really fun. I play a girl called Jeanie who is obsessed with her "special chair" and her mother. Did i mention her mother is cremated and Jeanie likes to dress up the Urn? ya, that's right!

4: Weight Lifting. This is the most active semester that I have had thus far at BYU! I have stage combat (If anyone wants to learn how to kick someone in the face/groin, I am your woman) and modern dance MWF and Weight lifting and yoga TTH. Adding on top of the show, which is a farce. I love it! Granted I am sore...but this sore just feels sooooo goooood. MAN! if you thought alice had a rockin' awesome bod before...skadoosh. <---that's my way of saying that it's better now. ok...bad joke.

*So all in all, this semester is going to fun...hard...lonley but I won't let that get me down! Always look on the bright side of life ...do do do dodo do.

No comments: