Friday, September 26, 2008

Holy Cow! It's Friday! ...the number 50 is on my mind

Oh how the weeks fly by. I guess being in rehearsal from 7-10 every tuesday-friday and saturday 9-12 helps time go by fast. Houseboat Honeymoon is coming along great! This picture is my water bottle representing "Nana" in am urn. I usually get strange looks from the cast as I take a drink from her periodically. Nana is my mother who is awaiting reincarnation and who I talk to as if she is a pet. Our memorized or off-book date is Oct. 3rd but that shouldn't be too bad. I'll tell you what is hard though! Learning to walk like a Hypochondriac 50 year old with "back problems." I think I am just going to picture my parents...wait....that came out wrong. Correction: I'll think of my parents ten years ago (HA!) and minus the hypochondria.
On the subject of middle aged women:
In my stage combat class we are learning our first fight. This fight includes everything from eye gouges to punches, from head locks to tackles that result in flipping me over! My partners age.....(insert drum roll here) approximately 50 yrs. old! Not only is she over 50 years old but has a slow body resulting in even slower reflexes. Example: A portion of our fight includes slaps...but today practice included me slapping her hand and then turning her head for her. (This was after she accidentally slapped my in the face doing a nap in our punch to the head). This sounds as if i am poking fun...this is not my intent. My intention is to merely add to the humor of this situation. And here is the kicker: She wins our choreographed fight! That's right! In the last phase of the fight Alice gets worked with a knee to the stomach, kick to the groin, captain kirk to the back, kick to the stomach and finally a kick to the head.
Isn't it funny how the HFAC world reflects real life? ...cause i usually start fights with middle ages women who cream my trash.

Anyways...mom you will be happy to know that I got a 100% on my first quiz of the semester. I bet you were scared i was going to go back to the whole #50 thing huh? ha! fooled you!
Plans for the weekend:
oh man. I have rehearsal from 9-12 and then 2 dates! That's right, still got it! One of them is to Tucanos. mmmm. I have heard good things. I will try hard to maintain lady like composure surrounded by all that food...and meat no less....excuse me while i salivate.

1 comment:

. said...

That's really all you have to do. Just say something to me about yourself, completely mean it, and then act like it is just common knowledge. I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

P.s. don't drop Nana again, She can't afford the wind burn to her complexion. It ages her.