Saturday, November 29, 2008

and then....

And then when everything seems to suck, I get a message from natalie my new roommate. At the end of the message of her telling me about her date, it says Love ya! Two words i long to hear said truthfully more than anything lately. It reminds me of Snow patrol, "these small words are sad too much or not enough."

i can't name a time this semester that when i have felt like this someone wasn't there, right there, to pick me up. Most of the time they had no idea what i'd been thinking.

It's times like this when I know, without a doubt in my mind, I have a father. A father that is guiding me and seeing my hurts and loving me. Doing all this because he knows it's so much better than the alternative: Alice, an emotionally immature little girl that has no way to relate to others. I'll take whatever he wants to give me.

Natalie has been the biggest answer to a prayer that i've had in the longest time. This summer at aspen grove was the most emotionally confusing and ungrounded time in my life. The first time the rug was pulled out from under me was the night i met natalie. Even through my emotion outburst she still wanted to be my friend. Everytime stuff after that happened whether good or bad Natalie lended a listening ear and a truthful response. Natalie was my present from heavenly father with tag that said "You're not in this alone. Good luck."

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh Alice, thank you! You're making me tear up on the 4th floor of the library. Just don't forget that you've helped me at least as much as I've helped you!