Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let's Just Say...

ya know when you scream really loud for a long period of time and then your throat hurts? now, transform that into emotion and spread it over my body, like you spread butter on toast as my crumbs fall to the floor, only to be stepped on by passers-by.

Heart and Soul. Byu football. i have been there every year since i was a freshman. FInally! finally, we were getting some where. And not just anywhere. We were headed to the top. Tonight i watched our ranking and chance of a championship slip by. No, not 'slip by.' I saw it get turned over, fumbled, intercepted, and allowed to pass by walls of muscle.

I have never felt tears from football until tonight. I Stayed till the last second. They're my Cougars and I love them. But i really don't have to like them right now. The hurt runs too deep. Not tonight baby, I'm tired.

1 comment:

karen★ said...

my darling alice, please remember that this is just a game and that even though they play a spiritual as well as physical game, it has nothing to do with your eternal advancement. only how you react to it. you seem to be holding up well under these extremely dire circumstances and i do wish you all the best....buck up little camper! they'll do better next week! p.s. too tired for whaaaat may i ask?