Friday, September 18, 2009

sleep, eat, school, rehearsal, sleep, eat, work, rehearsal

As my dedicated followers know (all 6 of you, love love) I am an Acting major. this semester is the rehearsal semester. I have one, count it one, religion class and all the rest are Theater classes. I have THE sweetest stage combat class that teaches me all the things people wish they could learn in life, Fighting with swords and punches and making it look good. Enjoy the following video.
-I am sure you wont' assume like my nephew did that i am hurt. I am not.
I also have a WDA class or otherwise known as Writer's directors Actors workshop. Today the actors in the class were asked to participate in an improv scene. Usually these go very well but today a VERY shy and awkward girl decided to give it a go. More power to her, i am all for that. good for her. The scene was a disaster, with her wanting the most difficult scenario possible using magic and such. Unfortuantley i wasn't able to be much help for her, granted i was giving her a lot acting wise. My character was sadly the biggest epitome of evil, so sadly that giving was in the ways as the character.

My other two shows keep in rehearsals 5 hours a day. Loving it! seriously everyone goes, aww i'm sorry. are you kidding Me? I get to go and do what i LOVE for half my day. This is my homework. i love these shows because in both of them i'm pretty good parts but i dont' have many lines! ha! little memorizing, more time to connect and work on my acting.

Which brings me to my next decision in life. Preparing for Grad school/ preparing mentally to enter the business if grad schools don't want me. I am considering the best ones- and don't i deserve the best? My biggest choice would be Denver Center. I can only hope and pray and rely on my talent. Which i should guess those three things will be enough if it's what it should be. k. If anyone has and other MFA suggestions or audition advice, please let me know!

3 comments:

Lifeless Lessons said...

Lemme' know when one of your shows is playin? I shall want to see it!

karen★ said...

i am so so happy for you that you are doing something you are so in love with! i am very happy that you weren't hurt although it didn't really seem like you were to me at all. i think you love it so much that the pain just melts away. GO TO GRAD SCHOOL! HURRY! GO NOW BEFORE YOU HAVE FOUR KIDS AND DON'T GET THE CHANCE!!! ARE YOU GONE YET? oh yea, finish byu first!

jescapism said...

I want that! You don't know how lucky you are to be doing something you love. Isn't it stupid how rare it is for students to like school?

I realize that might sound creepy coming from a stranger, but take comfort in the fact that I go to BYU and I know Alex Hairston.