Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sleeping Girl!!! the newest addition to heroes.

I have a new superhero power. I can sleep through anything. I have yet to test my powers to their full extent but alas i feel i owe this to genetic mutation caused by exhaustion. Here are some examples of my mutation:

1) I plopped myself down on this comfy carpet in the HFAC one day to memorized lines. The next thing i know my partner is waking me up 45 min later to rehearse. I hadn't change positions, the room was empty and my hand was numb from using it as a pillow.

2) In my classical voice class we are learning heroic build. It includes taking a ridiculously long speech and building in pitch and intensity with every line. By the middle of the speech you are basically yelling (but supported as not to develope vocal nodes...boo aspen grove!) Alas I fell asleep in class sitting up right while students exclaiming about crispian.

3) I'll shorten this one. Today was yoga. I got through three yoga moves before my friend was waking me up at the end of class. did my teacher care? ha! no. I love my major. He understood that I was taking 17 credits, in rehearsal 5 days a week, it's mid-terms, and that i am on campus from 8 til ten! yowsa!

3 comments:

quiltylady said...

I am sure glad there aren't a lot of HOR...Y guys reading your blog about how easy it is for you to drop your pants. Perhaps a shopping trip for cute casual clothes is in order. Get some sleep - preferably alone and preferably in bed!

karen★ said...

I cannot believe you can fall asleep so fast! (and stay asleep) Yoga is awesome but it is super ez to be too relaxed...be careful...your teacher might decide you should just suck it up and stay awake in his class!
LOVE YOUR BLOG! so much fun and I am glad you decided to take the genius advice of, well, me and start one! so much fun! love you!

Ryan said...

oh snap! i can't believe what your mom just said! though...she probably should have put that comment under my comment on you dropping your pants to be effective.