Wednesday, October 15, 2008

They say that breaking up is hard to do...

Saying goodbye is hard. Just in the past couple of months I have said goodbye to a total of 4 of some really good friends. This blog is dedicated to the beauty that is Sarah Hughes, my best friend.
Sarah went into the MTC today. I wouldn't have done anything differently. She flew on tuesday after which i joined her family for a tradition last meal: Family style chinese food at the Chinatown Resturant. After that Sarah's family gave me the best present. I skipped rehearsal and Sarah and I spent the whole night just hanging out and talking. The next day i skipped class. Sarah went in at 12. We pretended that I was her sister and I got to join the family in seeing sarah off.

Dang! So hard! I don't really have a good track record either. These are my experiences with the MTC :

1) my sister went to baltimore. I didnt' go to the MTC cause i was too heart broken. Instead i layed on my Gma's couch, cried and watched her cable tv...I assume it was animal planet.
2)Seeing my brother off. Freak! I thought that was the hardest...just wait...here it comes
3) Sorella Hughes. I am pretty sure i cried harder than her parents. I felt bad. Oh well. I got my hug and stepped out of the way for the family time. Just when i thought it would be 18 months before i talked to her, she reached out and grabbed my hand. I told her i would wait for her and that i would see her in white. She replied that she would save me a spot in line for the ferris wheel (Charly reference...a very deep inside joke we share). She exited and took another look and she gave one more wave. Thats when it really set in. Something happened the minute we left the crying room and my first thought was that I had to tell sarah! HA! she'll have to wait a week.
Sarah has been the best friend that i have ever had. I can't begin to describe what her friendship has meant to me. I love her...and most importantly i know more than anything what preaching the gospel means to her. I am so excited for her to finally have the opportunity to help people in a greater way than all the rest...this has been one of her lifelong goals. I know more that we will be friends for life and nothing will change that. 18 months, psh!

1 comment:

karen★ said...

You watched cable tv when I left on my mission...wow you have some making up to do missy! sorry she's gone. That really sucks but at least you know it's for a good cause! Cute dress in the picture!