Friday, June 19, 2009

Felony? Or moment to serve. A Great Story for My 50th post

It was a normal day. I had gotten up, gone to work, lunch, job interview...Then a twist in the day. I was headed out to get the mail and a friend in the ward(well not really a friend, but that was soon to change) came over to check his mail too. He related to me a very sad story of how in order to maintain the amazing job he had acquired he had had his parents send his Social Security Card, that he needed to turn in by five. But somehow his roommate had gone off to Arizona with the mail key.

Well, you can assume what happened next. We started to investigate a way into the mail box. Some call it a felony, others call it an act of service. We proceeded to try every possible way leading to my hand wedging in between the walls of mailboxes pulling magazines, packages, letters after letters and eventually....burr baaadaa daaa!!! an envelope including social security card! We spent an hour out there! It was so much fun i didn't even notice. This young man rushed off and made it in time to turn in his card 13 minutes to five. whew!

I really should have taken a picture of my hand. Well, it looks better than the mailbox...just kidding ....sort of. :P

1 comment:

karen★ said...

Congratulations on #50!! And, congratulations on your friend's social security card!!! I once took my roomates car keys all the way back to colorado with me on christmas vacation when she had to drive home to arizona...it was sad.