Monday, June 22, 2009

Tools Don't belong in Hot Tubs. They get rusty.


This is my favorite new phrase that i have come up with. On Saturday night the gang (myself, two girls apartments that i practically live with and will soon live with, and two boys from the blue house) went to the University villa Hot Tub. There were some boys there. Holy attention they gave me. I might have been flattered by this save for the fact that someguy friends that i was with teased me (they can cause they are my friends) and told the other boys in the hot tub that i was a player/heart breaker. And with that little snippet of information, faster than the ears of a dog stand up, their attention peaked.All this attention included what one could expect in the second grade: insults about schools, majors,being a drama queen, and splashing water right into my face. Well guess what boys? I didn't get that kind of flirting then, and even now i don't want it. Luckily they made their rounds tothe other girls in the pool. Then i chatted it up with the redeeming quality of all of them combined- a nice man. By this time the hot tub got really, really hot, so i moved into the pool. Not 1 minute after i did, one of the boys jumped in. We chatted...bla bla bla. I moved back into the hot tub.

Then my friends started chanting my name to do a flip in the pool, naturally i gave into peer pressure and got back in the hot tub. Got to hot, moved to the pool. Tool boy moved into the pool tool. i got back in the hot tub. So did he. wow. THis time it was just a test. I got back in the pool. Sure enough tool boy did too, as did his tool friend. Tool friend started teasing me about how he was gonna dunk me. come on. So i was like just get it over with. He was like oh i am not gonna do it once you give up. "Good" i said " i win" so i got back in the hot tub. Oh man!!! i forgot to mention this part! tool boy mentioned italy which peaked my interest. I said "Italian! really" BAM! before i could say anything else he full on splashed me in the face with water. Oh you better believe i gave him attitude after that- that was the point he started following but not making conversation.

It didn't bother me that much the whole thing but i was just shocked at the maturity level of these boys...and they were all older but yes i am calling them boys. it was really fun giving annoyed looks to each other about the tools haha. The blue house boys protected me from them. haha At one point my friend joe was like- "alice this is what we work out for. so we can protect ladies in distress such as yourself." I said, "Awww joe, you think i am a damsel?" he said, "haha yes alice i think you are a damsel." I said ( in a genuine and flattered tone), "joe! that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me and i had to feed it to you." haha It was a fun night. the top to a good weekend. good week actually.

Jon stood for my honor and virtue. he is the man who will fight for my honor.

1 comment:

karen★ said...

Were you singing Peter Cetera as you wrote that last sentence? Boys are dumb. Too bad you probably looked hot in your new swimsuit! Poor you.....