Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good Deeds


Yesterday at lunch time ( Duty more like, Alex and I stand there and makesure the kids behave.) I was noticing all the different cliques. I am not much of a clique follower myself so it was strange to actually notice them. There was a table of boys, two tables of the ethnic girls, a table of siblings, the skater boys, the "weird" boys, and the white girls who are all in my class. Then i noticed one girl sitting completely by herself.

I couldn't let this pass. What good is a teacher or someone to look up to if you don't do anything that anyone can look up to. So i went over to my drama girls and i asked if they knew her. Of course they said no. I suggested maybe asking her to eat with them. One girl said, ya i'll do it tomorrow. I thought well that's really all i can do.

Then i see Sierra...the shyest girl in the class walk right over to her and invite her to sit with them. I wanted to cry i was so touched. She didn't wait, and in a way i felt like she didnt' even do it cause i told her to. I love kids. Just when you think you see the shyest girl in the class, she up andputs her self out there. Why? For kindness. Inherint kindness. This is why i love shy people.

No comments: