Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Bachelor's of Fine Art Senior Show

I am an Acting Major at BYU. The anticipation for a senior show last more than semester before your senior year and then most of the summer waiting for fall. This waiting process has been a little scary for me because in order to be cast in a senior show or any of your classes you have to maintain a certain score. This last score i got was not so good.

But a couple days ago i got the official word that i will be in my senior show!!! i can't tell you what a relief it was to hear this. A senior show works like this, the acting committee choses from the season of show which ones will be the senior project. Then the Committee decides which one your will be in and also which part you will play. This part is chosen to stretch you in your acting...aka make it really hard for you.

My Senior show will be...

ABSENT FRIENDS by Alan Ayckborne

I will be playing the part of Evelyn- a really reserved character with questionable morals. It's gonna be so much fun! Rehearsals start the 8th of septembe so i am sure you will be hearing more.

No comments: